This is a wonderful condiment for any of our traditional organic pastas. We like to use kalamata and Castelvetrano olives, but you may substitute your own favorites.
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 Cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/3 Cup Castelvetrano olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 tsp capers
- 1/2 tsp fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 tsp flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp sun dried tomato
- parmesan cheese (or vegan parmesan cheese)
Combine all ingredients in a food processor, except olive oil and parmesan cheese, and pulse once to combine. Drizzle olive oil in through the top of the processor while pulsing to incorporate the oil. Serve a few tablespoons of relish over each serving of freshly cooked pasta and garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese. This relish also makes a wonderful spread and dip for fresh vegetables.